Morrin Law Office
Attorney for accidents involving injuries in Kentucky
Filing a claim or lawsuit may enable you to recover compensation from the insurance company to cover medical bills and your recovery treatment. Our Kentucky Personal Injury Lawyers at the Morrin Law Office can help you decide whether to accept a settlement offer from the liable party’s insurer or take your case to trial if necessary. We believe our clients save time, money, and stress when we avoid litigation while maximizing their recovery after being hurt badly.
How our Kentucky accident lawyer can help
There may be several ways to recover damages after suffering an injury, depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident. In Kentucky, methods of recovering compensation include:
- Filing a claim with your insurance company
- Negotiating for a pretrial settlement from the liable party’s insurance company
- Suing the liable party and receiving a jury award
- A combination of the above
The Kentucky personal injury lawyer from the Morrin Law Office can guide you through the legal process from start to finish. This aid includes:
- Filing claims with all applicable liability insurance policies: You may be able to receive compensation from multiple sources. We can also take care of all other necessary paperwork.
- Identifying liable parties: In some cases, there is only one liable party, while other incidents involve Either way, we can ensure that your lawsuit includes every single entity that contributed to your accident.
- Calculating how much to sue for: It is crucial to get professional help so you can know what your injuries are worth; otherwise, the insurance company will offer you a very low settlement only worth pennies on the dollar.
- Negotiating for what you deserve: Every offer we have seen from insurance companies made to those who choose to represent themselves have been incredibly low offers. The insurance company knows when they are dealing with an injury claim professional and when they are dealing with someone who isn’t familiar with the process or insurance laws.. We will meet the insurance company head on to protect your right to recover after your injuries.
- Advocating in the courtroom: While we work to save our clients the time, money, and stress required by going to trial, when the insurance company is being unreasonable or unfair we do not hesitate to push your case to a jury trial. We also make sure the insurance company is held liable for any unfair and wrong treatment you may have received from them in attempting to settle your own injury claim.
By allowing us to manage your legal case, deal with insurance companies, and make sure you get the best medical care the insurance company’s money can buy, it gives you much-needed time and peace of mind to recuperate from the accident.
Our attorney can start on your injury case as soon as possible
In general, injury victims have one year from the date of their accident to sue for their damages like lost wages and medical bills from treatment. This is according to Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 413.140(1). However, there are cases where the deadline—also called a statute of limitations—is shorter or longer. For example, per Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 304.39-230(6), car accident victims have two years to either settle their claim or file a lawsuit.
If you are hesitant to hire a lawyer because of the costs involved, know that the Morrin Law Office can do everything possible to lower that potential financial barrier by:
● Evaluating your case for free: You can call our office at any time. Members of our firm are waiting to tell you more about our personal injury services at no cost to you.
● Working for a contingency fee: This means that you only pay us attorney’s fees if and when our injury professionals recover money for you.
● Accepting a portion of your recovery compensation as payment: You do not have to pay us out of pocket.
● Explaining how we add value: Properly valuing your injury claim by reviewing the past twenty years in jury verdicts, ensuring every claim you can submit under Kentucky law is pursued, finding and submitting claims to all applicable insurance policies (you would be surprised how policies of vehicles not involved in the accident can still apply), and by making sure you don’t pay a penny more than is required by law for your medical care after a serious injury.
Seeking damages for accident injuries in Kentucky
● Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries
● Emotional anguish caused by the accident or the stress of other injuries
● Loss of consortium, if the accident has affected your relationship with your spouse in any negative way or if your children have struggled because of your injury
● Disability, including the temporary or permanent loss of any physical or intellectual ability
● Reduced quality of life, which includes all the ways in which the accident has made your life more difficult or painful
● Past loss of wages, if the injuries kept you home from work or forced you to accept a position that pays less temporarily
● Future loss of wages, if the injuries will always interfere with your ability to work in your chosen field and support your family
● The cost of medical treatment, including psychiatric treatment, physical therapy, surgery, medication, and even travel expenses (if your doctor is very far away)
● Other accident-related expenses, such as the cost of repairing property damage (especially to your car, if you were in a car accident)
Accidents involving injuries can cause all of the losses above and many more. Our injury attorney at the Morrin Law Office serves victims throughout the state of Kentucky. We can tell you what types of damages you may qualify for and collect the evidence you need to prove it.
Injuries that may result from accidents
The amount you may be able to recover in compensation will depend on what kinds of injuries you suffered, how serious they are, and the effects they had on your personal and professional life. Injuries for which you may receive compensation include:
- Joint injuries, like torn ligaments or a fractured or dislocated shoulder
- Back injuries, like slipped discs, paralysis, pinched nerves, or spinal cord injuries
- Psychological injuries, like anxiety, depression, and changes in mood
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), like concussions or anytime you hit your head in an accident
- Bone injuries, like fractures
- Skin injuries, like cuts or road rash that may need stitches or cause scarring
These injuries, in turn, can greatly affect your ability to work, spend time with friends and family, and more. For example, an injury with a torn ligament can cause physical pain, require numerous treatments, and require you to rest rather than go to work or take care of household chores. Even after you treat such an injury you may have loss of motion that should be compensated.
You may wish to hire our injury lawyer because we only operate in Kentucky and we help hurt Kentuckians with their injury claims every day, unlike other firms who will take any case that walks through their door. They are not laser focused on Kentucky injuries like our entire team is. We believe it makes us better and secures better results for our clients.
One example of how it makes us better is we are able to spend more time understanding brain injuries and how to prove them; sometimes making certain our clients get the best concussion treatment possible. Our head trauma lawyer at the Morrin Law Office is prepared to stand up for your rights and ensure that you get the money you need to start putting your life back together, especially after hitting your head. This way, we help you get back on your feet and make Kentucky safer for all.
We represent injured accident victims in Kentucky
The injury professionals at the Morrin Law Office represent clients throughout Kentucky, fighting vigorously for their rights after accidents involving injuries. To learn more about how our Kentucky personal injury attorney can help you get better after an accident and recover your best life, call us at (859) 358-0300. The initial consultation is free and places you under no obligation. If representation doesn’t make sense in your situation we will still add value by pointing you in the right direction with advice that costs you nothing. We are committed to adding value to the lives of hurt Kentuckians.