Morrin Law Office
Lyft accident lawyer in Kentucky
If you are recovering from injuries and other damages after a rideshare car accident, you can speak with our injury lawyer during a 100% free case evaluation to determine if hiring private representation makes sense for you. During the evaluation, you can ask any questions about the process, the next best steps, and how we add value to your life, medical recovery, and bank account. If you or a loved one has been injured in a rideshare accident, call our experienced Kentucky Lyft Accident Attorney today!
What our attorney can do for your Lyft accident case
After being hurt in a rideshare accident, you should seek guidance from a legal professional who handles Kentucky car accident injuries every day. The Morrin Law Office helps car accident victims and focuses almost exclusively on Kentucky injury law. Our focus allows us to offer a level of professional service to injured Kentuckians that cannot be offered by law firms that take every kind of legal case.
When you choose us to guide your recovery after a car wreck, we will apply our knowledge and experience obtained from helping thousands of other car accident victims to add value to your case and get you back to your best life. How can the right lyft accident lawyer help you after a rideshare accident?
Collect evidence of the Lyft driver or another party’s liability
A proper investigation could lead to vital pieces of evidence, such as:
- Video footage of the driver violating a traffic law or driving recklessly
- Statements from witnesses who saw what happened leading up to or after the collision
- Marks on the vehicles or the road that indicate who hit who
The accident report created by the law enforcement officer often provides valuable insight because it usually offers the first objective opinion of who caused the accident. In Kentucky, the vehicle the officer believes to have caused the accident will almost always be listed as “Unit 1” in the police accident report. This determination, while usually correct, is a first impression rather than a legal conclusion.
Determine under which insurance policies to file a claim
Moreover, Lyft offers different levels of coverage depending on which stage of the rideshare process the driver was in when the accident took place:
- The driver was logged out of the app. When a Lyft driver is not actively waiting for ride requests, their own personal car insurance coverage applies.
- The driver was waiting for a request: When the app is on, but the driver has no ride requests, their auto policy could still apply—though a driver’s personal car insurance company may still deny claims related to “commercial” accidents even if the driver was merely waiting on a request with the app on. In that case, you can file your injury claim under Lyft’s car insurance policy.
- The driver had accepted a request or picked up a passenger: Lyft provides third-party liability coverage up to one million ($1,000,000) as soon as the driver accepts a ride. The policy remains active until the ride ends.
We make sure to submit injury claims to all applicable insurance policies. Did you know that the under-insured motorist (UIM) policy on your father’s or mother’s car insurance policy may still apply to your serious car accident injury claim if you live with them?
Estimate the value of your Lyft accident damages
- Medical bills for emergency room treatment, surgery, physical therapy, injections, and future treatment, including the increased likelihood of future complications
- Lost wages and lost benefits from missing work due to your accident injuries
- Diminished future income if you are unable to earn as much as you could earn before your injury
- Disability or disfigurement, such as the loss of a hand or foot or a permanent scar
- Pain and suffering
Advocate for a fair settlement
Our accident injury lawyer will represent you in any interactions with the insurance company or other related parties to maximize your recovery and the value we add. We will negotiate with the insurance adjuster to make sure you receive fair treatment. We also negotiate with any medical care providers who have a reimbursement claim against your settlement. This maximizes the benefit our clients receive.
Guide you through crucial decisions
It is crucial to get medical assistance with your injury because the insurance company will be looking for things like any perceived failure to treat as a reason to deny your claim or only pay pennies on the dollar. In Kentucky, car accident victims only get two years from the date of the accident, or last PIP payment, to settle their claim or file their legal complaint, pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statute § 304.39-230(6).
What makes the Morrin Law Office different?
We show our dedication to our clients’ physical and financial well-being by offering free resources in addition to legal services, which includes:
- A free eBook: “Winning Car Insurance Games’” is a guide to dealing with auto insurance companies and hiring the right personal injury lawyer after a Kentucky car accident. It is featured in Fighting for Justice in collaboration with other nationally recognized personal injury experts. Download your free copy by visiting our website!
- A free vehicle safety mobile app: When you download our smartphone app, it detects when an accident occurs using your phone’s built-in sensors. Upon detecting a collision, the app automatically notifies your designated emergency contacts. Download it on your smartphone for FREE!
We want to arm you with as much knowledge and resources as we can to help you in a car accident. If you are facing the aftermath of a collision with a Lyft driver, either as a passenger or hit by a Lyft driver, our team is ready to answer all your questions, figure out if you should hire a personal injury lawyer, and help you recover after getting hurt in your car accident.
Why Kentucky Lyft accident victims choose us
- Tina G.: “If you want someone who cares about you and your case, someone who fights for you the whole process, then this is your guy. His staff is amazing and have always kept me in the loop and was there no matter how many times a day I had a question. I highly recommend!”
- Amy R.: “He was my lawyer for an auto accident that wasn’t my fault and he was wonderful. He truly cares for his clients.”
- Stephanie S.: “Genuine and empathetic as well as extremely professional. Thank you for supporting our family.”
As the most reviewed law firm in Richmond and the only law firm in Richmond solely dedicated to hurt Kentuckians, you can trust that your recovery is in the best hands.