Morrin Law Office
Bicycle accident attorney in Kentucky
Kentucky roads can present various hazards for cyclists, including reckless drivers, poor road conditions, and inadequate infrastructure. These factors unfortunately contribute to bicycle accidents occurring each year in Kentucky. A person involved in a bicycle accident may be left to face substantial physical, emotional, and financial burdens.
Working with a personal injury attorney who specializes in bicycle accidents can provide invaluable support to those injured in a collision. An experienced attorney will have in-depth knowledge of Kentucky’s laws, regulations, and precedents pertaining to bicycle accidents. With the expertise of Morrin Law Firm, our attorneys can help you navigate the legal landscape and ensure that your rights are protected.
Morrin Law Firm Can Help
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident involving a motor vehicle, you have the right to seek financial compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our team at Morrin Law Firm will help you navigate the personal injury process, compile evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence and build a strong case for financial compensation. Contact our office today at (859) 358-0300 and receive a risk-free consultation.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Due to the limited protection a cyclist has in comparison to a passenger vehicle, bicycle accidents can result in a wide variety of injuries. Injuries from a bicycle accident in Kentucky may include any of the following:
- Broken bones
- Scrapes and lacerations
- Road rash
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Tendon, muscle, or ligament injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Skull fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
If you have experienced any injury from a bicycle accident in Kentucky, contact a personal injury attorney to discuss your case and options for litigation.
We Prove the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
When determining if you have a personal injury claim, you first need to establish fault. That means proving the at-fault person’s negligence resulted in the bicycle accident and your subsequent injuries. To assign liability to the at-fault driver, you must prove the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a reasonable duty of care by sharing the road;
- The at-fault driver breached their responsibility;
- The at-fault driver’s actions or negligence caused the bicycle accident; and
- The bicycle accident caused by the at-fault driver caused your injuries and financial damages.
If you hire Morrin Law Firm to work on your bicycle injury claim, we will collect evidence on your behalf to prove your right to financial recovery. We work on your case so you can focus on restoring your health and well-being.
Recoverable Damages We Help You Recover
After getting injured in a collision involving a motor vehicle, you may be left with a steep financial burden. If the at-fault driver crashed into your bike due to reckless or negligent behavior and left you with injuries, Morrin Law Firm can help seek recoverable damages. A successful personal injury claim can help recover the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses;
- Past income lost or possible future lost earnings;
- Lost earning capacity if you can no longer do the same kind of work;
- Physical disability or disfigurement;
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering; and
- Property damage or destruction.
The personal injury attorneys at Morrin Law Firm can help calculate the value of your damages and collect supporting evidence for your claim.
Acquiring Your Bicycle Accident Report
Under Kentucky Statute Section 189.635, the driver is required to file a crash report after any accident resulting in fatal or nonfatal personal injury. If the driver fails to notify or is incapable of notifying the law enforcement officer having jurisdiction, such responsibility rests on the owner or operator of the responsible vehicle.
Crash reports can help prove the at-fault party by providing the following information:
- At-fault party’s contact information;
- Each involved party’s contact information;
- Accident date, time, and location;
- Manner of collision and points of impact;
- Traffic violations or citations, if applicable; and
- Any alcohol, drug, or distraction involvement.
Additionally, crash reports contain notes from the investigating officer, witness statements, and any indications of initial injuries or fatalities.
Obtaining Medical Records
Medical records are extremely important for a personal injury claim. Any medical records you receive after a bicycle accident injury will work in conjunction with the crash report to prove your injuries. Medical records can tell us the following:
- Emergency, follow-up, and ongoing injury treatment;
- Anticipated costs of required long-term care;
- Any medications, assistive devices, or other necessary medical needs for your injuries.
Medical records provide the identifiable correlation between your accident and relative injuries. If your injuries are too severe and prevent you from doing so, a member of our team can work with your doctor to obtain the information we need to build your personal injury case.
Filing Within a Timely Manner
Any person who is planning to file a personal injury claim in Kentucky should be aware of the Statute of Limitations. Kentucky Statute Section 413.125 explains that the time limit for filing a personal injury involving the use of motor vehicles is two years from the date of the accident or the last PIP payment.
If you are hit by a car or truck while riding your bike, it is imperative that you are familiar with the statute of limitations. Complying with the statute of limitations is critical to the advancement of your case, and waiting to file is the worst possible thing you can do. Attempting to file later or after the deadline expires can result in the following:
- You will be barred from filing a personal injury lawsuit; or
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed before ever getting heard.
By hiring Morrin Law Firm, our attorneys will ensure your claim gets started quickly and efficiently, and well within the parameters of the statute of limitations.
Fatal Bicycle Accidents
In the worst-case scenario, bicycle accidents can be fatal. According to the Kentucky Traffic Collison report, there were four fatal bicycle accidents in 2020. When a driver’s reckless or negligent behavior results in a bicycle accident that causes the death of another person, surviving family members may be eligible to financial recovery through a wrongful death lawsuit. While we understand that financial recovery will not bring your loved one back, it can help build back your future. Contact the wrongful death attorneys at Morrin Law Firm to discuss your options for litigation.
Benefits of Trusting Morrin Law Firm
We understand how daunting navigating the legal landscape can be, especially when dealing with the fallout of a bicycle accident and its resulting injuries. The most important aspect of filing a personal injury claim is ensuring that you have a legal team on your side who is prepared to fight for your financial recovery. When you hire Morrin Law Firm, our team will help you build an effective personal injury case by:
- Accurately assigning financial liability;
- Negotiating a favorable financial settlement;
- Providing responsive legal care and support;
- Obtaining and reviewing your accident report; and
- Completing and submitting required claim forms on your behalf.
Our bicycle accident attorneys will keep you up to date on the progress of your case and settlement negotiations. When you are prepared to seek the compensation your injuries deserve, Morrin Law Firm will be by your side, protecting your rights and best interests.
Satisfied Client Reviews
When our team represents you, we make your financial recovery our priority. We want to ensure you get the help and support you seek throughout your recovery. Clients we have helped and supported in the past had this to say about our representation:
- “I went to Mr. Morrin in a horrible position. Not only has he accomplished the most favorable outcome, he did it with a very reasonable cost. He was very easy to talk to and always made time to answer any questions when I called… Extremely happy with his service.” — Jon W.
- “Couldn’t have been more pleased with the service and communication offered by Rob and his firm. Outstanding young attorney that really cares about helping his clients during their time of need.” — Kenneth Cobb
- “Rob Morrin recently helped me with an accident case, he was very responsive and worked hard to settle my case, he really went above and beyond for me and my family. I recommend Morrin Law Office for all your legal needs.” — Brian Stage
When you are ready to be proactive about your health recovery and pursuing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party, Morrin Law Firm is ready to guide you and protect your rights.
Contact Morrin Law Firm
If you or a member of your family was injured in a collision, our Kentucky bicycle accident attorneys will help you fight for the health recovery and financial compensation you deserve. The litigation process can be long and nuanced, which is where hiring an experienced attorney can help. We will help you gather all necessary evidence, build a personal injury claim against the at-fault party, and file your claim within a timely manner.
Resolving your personal injury case and getting you back to your best life is our team’s top priority, and our goal is to continue creating happy, healthy clients. Contact Morrin Law Firm today by calling (859) 358-0300 and get started with a risk-free consultation.