Morrin Law Office
Bicycle accident attorney in Kentucky
If you were injured when a car hit you on your bike, you have the right to seek financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our team at the Morrin Law Office will help you navigate the personal injury process, compile evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence, and build a strong case for financial compensation.
Our bicycle accident attorney in Kentucky will help you understand and prove the required elements of negligence. We will also help you prove your right to recover your medical bills, property damage, and compensation for pain and suffering. When you are ready to pursue the at-fault driver, our personal injury team is ready to advocate on your behalf.
Let us help you seek these recoverable damages
If negligence caused the at-fault driver to collide with your bicycle, we can help you hold them financially responsible for your resulting expenses and losses. The economic and non-economic damages you may be entitled to recover include:
- Past medical bills and future health care expenses
- Past income loss and possible future earnings
- Lost earning capacity if you can no longer do the same kind of work
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Property damage or destruction
Our Kentucky personal injury lawyer will help you calculate the value of your damages and collect the evidence to support our calculations. If going to trial becomes necessary, we will ensure your lawsuit is filed within the statute of limitations.
We help you request compensation in a timely fashion
If you are hit by a car or truck while riding your bike then you must either settle your claim or file a legal complaint within two years from being hit. Anyone injured by the negligent operation of a motor vehicle in Kentucky has two years to file their lawsuit even if they are not in or operating a motor vehicle pursuant to Howard v. Hicks (Ky.App. 1987) 737 S.W.2d 711. Complying with the statute of limitations is critical to the advancement of your case if we are unable to secure a fair settlement without litigation. If the filing deadline expires:
- You will not be allowed to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without ever being heard
Either of these negative consequences will bar you from legally compelling the at-fault driver to compensate you. When you engage our bike accident team sooner rather than later, we can ensure you get the proper medical care and that your lawsuit is filed within the required time.
We prove the at-fault party’s negligence with a reliable evidence
Before you can pursue the at-fault driver for compensation, you are required to prove that their negligence caused your accident and subsequent injuries. To assign liability to the at-fault driver, bike riders are required to prove they:
- Owed you a reasonable duty of care by sharing the road
- Breached their responsibility
- Caused with accident due to their actions or inaction
- Caused your injuries and financial damages
When we represent you, our team works hard to collect evidence to prove your right to financial recovery. While we work on building the case, you can concentrate on restoring your health without the worry of compromising the filing deadline.
We acquire a copy of your bicycle accident report
Per Kentucky Revised Statutes § 189.635, the driver is required to file a crash report because you were injured. As soon as the report is processed, our team can obtain a copy and use it to inform our investigation. Your crash report could help us prove the cause of the accident and provide critical information, including:
- Accident date, time, and location
- Each involved party’s contact details
- The at-fault driver’s contact details
- Manner of collision and points of impact
- Any traffic violations or citations
- Drug, alcohol, or distraction involvement
The accident report can also contain notes from the investigating officer, witness statements, and indicate initial injuries and fatalities.
We obtain copies of your medical records
- Your emergency, follow-up, and ongoing treatment
- The anticipated cost of required long-term care
- Medications and assistive devices your injuries require
Your medical records also provide an identifiable correlation between your accident and injuries. If your injuries prevent you from doing so, a member of our team will work with your doctor to obtain the information we need to build the case.
Read what our satisfied clients have to say
When we represent you, our team makes your financial recovery a priority. We want to ensure you get the help and support you seek throughout your recovery. Clients we have helped and supported in the past had this to say about our representation:
- “I went to Mr. Morrin in a horrible position. Not only has he accomplished the most favorable outcome, he did it with a very reasonable cost. He was very easy to talk to and always made time to answer any questions when I called… Extremely happy with his service.” — Jon W.
- “Couldn’t have been more pleased with the service and communication offered by Rob and his firm. Outstanding young attorney that really cares about helping his clients during their time of need.” — Kenneth Cobb
- “Rob Morrin recently helped me with an accident case, he was very responsive and worked hard to settle my case, he really went above and beyond for me and my family. I recommend Morrin Law Office for all your legal needs.” — Brian Stage
Resolving your personal injury case and getting you back to your best life is our team’s top priority, and our goal is to continue creating happy, healthy clients. When you are ready to get proactive about your health recovery and pursue the at-fault party, we are ready to guide you and protect your rights.
The benefits of trusting our law firm
- Accurately assigning financial liability
- Negotiating a favorable financial settlement
- Providing responsive legal care and support
- Obtaining and reviewing your accident report
- Completing and submitting required claim forms
Our bicycle accident attorney who represents injured Kentucky clients will keep you updated about the progress of your case and settlement negotiations. When you are ready to seek the compensation you deserve, the Morrin Law Office team will be by your side, protecting your rights and best interests.
Start fighting for your financial compensation today
If you or a member of your family was injured in a collision, our bicycle accident attorney in Kentucky will help you fight for your health recovery and financial compensation to pay for it. Contact the Morrin Law Office now to get started with a free consultation at (859) 358-0300.