Accidents with torn ligaments attorney in Kentucky
Our firm can show you how to file an insurance claim or lawsuit for compensation if you or someone you love was involved in a car accident in Kentucky. If your injuries include torn ligaments that prevent you from working, our firm can guide you through the process of seeking financial recovery for your medical bills and lost wages. We will accurately calculate your compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering.
When our attorney for accidents with torn ligaments in Kentucky spearheads your pursuit of compensation, we identify proof that the at-fault driver’s negligence caused the accident. Our goal at the Morrin Law Office is to resolve your case with a favorable financial settlement. However, we will also represent you in court if this is the best option so that you can seek the compensation you may be entitled to due to negligence.
Recouping the cost of recovering from your accident injuries
Car accidents are one possible cause of torn ligaments. Cleveland Clinic guidelines note medication, immobilization, assistive medical devices, and physical therapy as potential treatments. In severe cases, your treatment plan might also include surgical intervention. If you were injured in a collision, you could seek to recover these costs from the driver responsible.
Assigning financial value to your injury case can be a complex and challenging process. When you hire our Kentucky torn ligament lawyer, we will seek the following types of damages on your behalf:
- Current and future loss of income
- Physical impairment or disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Property damage or destruction
- Funeral and burial costs, if applicable
Your case may have other expenses and losses not reflected on this list. When assigning a monetary value to your damages, our attorney makes sure your case file contains all relevant receipts, bills, estimates, and other documents that prove the value of each of your expenses and your overall claim or lawsuit.
Our Kentucky attorney can build your injury with torn ligament case
When you seek compensation from the driver who caused your accident, our injury professionals perform an investigation of the collision to clarify its cause and aftermath. Your case file should tell the story of the collision, including what happened, who was involved, and any contributing factors.
When we build a case file, it includes evidence, such as:
- Crash report
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Repair bills
- Medical prognosis
- Salary history
- Necessary medications
- Pictures and videos
While you focus on your short- and long-term physical recovery, our Kentucky personal injury lawyer will focus on your financial recovery. We conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf and organize the available evidence before presenting it to the at-fault driver’s insurer. A strong case file should support your right to compensation and help steer settlement negotiations in your favor.
Ensuring compliance with Kentucky’s statute of limitations
The state determines the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver after a collision. Our Kentucky accident lawyer makes sure the filing of your lawsuit complies with this legal deadline to protect your right to sue. Depending on the outcome of the accident, one of the following filing time limits will likely apply:
- In general, you must file for a car accident that caused injuries within two years of the accident date, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 304.39-230(6).
- In general, you must file for a fatal car accident within one year of the date of death or from the appointment of the administrator or executor of his or her estate, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 413.180.
Kentucky’s statute of limitations can be complicated, and several factors can even change the filing deadline. Our attorney will handle your injury with torn ligament case while making sure you understand the relevant statutory filing deadline and the timing of your lawsuit.
Benefits of working with our Kentucky torn ligament lawyer
The days and weeks after a car accident can involve many decisions you and your family need to make. For instance, you will have to decide on treatment plans for your injuries, their value, and which law firm you will hire to represent you in seeking damages.
When you choose our firm to represent you, we work hard to make sure you receive the best healthcare for your recovery, make sure the insurance company pays for everything regarding your recovery, and build a solid legal injury case. On your behalf, we will handle:
- All case-related communication and correspondence
- All relevant legal and insurance forms and filings
- Locating and interviewing available witnesses
- Compiling comprehensive and supportive evidence
- The filing of claims with all applicable insurance policies including liability, PIP, Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM), and umbrella policies
Our car accident injury professionals will also carefully read and review the police report and your medical records. Our goal is to prove your right to compensation and outline the types and amounts of compensation you qualify for before the start of settlement negotiations.
Testimonials and referrals from happy clients
- “Stayed firm to what I wanted and what was best for me and won a case everyone else felt was worthless…You guys are awesome!” — Anthony Hazard
- “This law office is the best in the business! I know so many people who have utilized their services and got everything they were looking for. Can’t say enough!!” — Krystal Purdy
- “He helped a lot, gave good advice, and produced a very satisfying outcome for my case…Definitely recommend.” — Rebecca Halpyrn
We work hard to get the best possible outcome for injured clients and earn their respect and referrals. We also aim to do more than fight for our clients’ compensation, which is why our firm provides additional resources, such as our eBook, Fighting for Justice: Winning Car Insurance Games and our accident notification app. Our injury professionals are on your side.
Get a review of your Kentucky car accident case today
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident near Richmond or elsewhere in Kentucky, our injury insurance attorney can help you maximize your physical recovery and get a fair payment from the insurance company.
Find out how hard we work to recover compensation for injured clients just like you by calling the Morrin Law Office at (859) 358-0300 today.