What happens if I am injured in Kentucky and can’t work after?

by | Sep 7, 2022 | LawTok | 0 comments

This is a video in our LawTok series: Straight Talk with a Personal Injury Lawyer

Video Transcript:

Hey folks, Rob Morrin here with Morrin Law Office, your personal injury professional. I want to talk to you about when you are hurt in Kentucky and you can’t work afterwards.

Let’s say you’re in a car accident and you can’t work after the fact. Well, we all have coverage called personal injury protection, which allows us a certain amount that we can get paid for lost wages and medical bills after a car accident, regardless of who’s at fault.

So, one thing you need to do is certainly make your personal injury protection wage loss claim. That is, get a doctor’s note saying you’re off work. Also, get previous proof of what you’ve been paid for that job and submit that to the insurance company. They should start paying you pretty quickly. The only issue is, is that in Kentucky we cap it at $200 a week. That needs to change, but until it does, that gives you some kind of relief, at least weekly, in terms of financial compensation for your lost work.